The Thornycroft Society
The Society was founded in 1991 to establish an interest in the works and products of John I Thornycroft & Co.Ltd. and its subsidiary companies.
The aims of the Society:
- To establish a local Industrial Museum in Basingstoke, the home of the company for 75 years.
- To maintain a register of preserved and working Thornycroft vehicles.
- To assist in the rescue and preservation of Thornycroft vehicles and items connected with the Company.
- To publish a Society Newsletter.
- To organise an Annual Rally of Thornycroft Vehicles in the town of Basingstoke.
The members’ meetings are twice a year, normally in March and October. These are notified in their two magazines.
Membership of the Thornycroft Society Ltd. is available to anyone.
All paid up members have a £1.00 share.
Annual membership subscriptions: Adults £14.00,
Senior Citizens £10.00, Family Membership £16.00.
Membership Secretary : Chris Maybury at email@example.com
Chairman: G Bone at firstname.lastname@example.org
Road Run Organiser: T. Briston at email@example.com